Early C'hood SpEd Consultant/Sch Psych/School Social Worker (emp in Early Chood)
Central Rivers Area Education AgencyTeach Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA
- Job ID: 3725159
- Application Deadline: Posted until filled
- Re-posted: Nov 18, 2021
- Starting Date: Jan 03, 2022
Early Childhood Sp Ed Consutlant (School Psychologist/School Social Worker/Sp Ed Consultant (emphasis in Early Childhood) - TBD
- To bring applied knowledge of the developmental needs of individuals, the psychology of learning, progress monitoring, and academic program evaluation to the educational process. Serving as a team representative, the school psychologist applies these domains of knowledge to the educational community through a problem-solving perspective for children birth through 21.
- To enhance the educational programs of students by assisting in identification and assessment of the student's educational needs including social, emotional, behavioral and adaptive needs: providing intervention services including brief individual, group, parent and family counseling; providing consultation and planning; and serving as liaison between home, school and community. Serving as a team representative, the school social worker applies these domains of knowledge to the educational community through a problem-solving perspective for children birth through 21.
- To provide support to instructional programs for individuals requiring special education through implementation and evaluation of curriculum and methodology, professional development training, parent education, demonstration teaching, and assisting with transition planning. The special education consultant will assist the LEA/early childhood service providers with the problem solving process and participate in the identification process, and service planning for eligible individuals in the least restrictive environment. Serving as a team representative, the special education consultant applies these domains of knowledge to the educational community through a problem-solving perspective for children birth through 21.
- Partner with educators, families, and communities to provide impactful preschool learning environments. Plan, coordinate and implement educational intervention services for individuals ages three to five while utilizing best practices.
Salary & Benefits:
Want to learn more about CRAEA???ore about CRAEA???
- Position Type: Full-time
Classroom Teacher > Early Childhood
Special Education > General Special Education
Student Services > Psychologist
Student Services > Social Worker
State-level Positions > Consultant
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Human Resources
- 1521 Technology Parkway
- Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
- Phone: 319-273-8247
- Email:click here
MapOpen in Google Maps
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.