School Social Worker (Grades 9-12)
Grinnell-Newburg Comm School DistrictTeach Iowa
- Job ID: 3634230
- Application Deadline: Mar 24, 2022
- Posted: Aug 06, 2021
- Starting Date: Immediately
· A master’s degree in social work (MSW) or school counseling from a program representing intensive course work in the principles and practice of social work or school counseling therapeutic intervention strategies for children and families; the organization and administration of school-based support services, and the psychology of learning; BOEE licensure in school social work or professional school counseling
· Experience working in a school setting is preferred.
· Knowledgeable in individual and small-group counseling techniques, engagement strategies, student assessment procedures, familiar with the state and district’s testing procedures, able to facilitate appropriate positive and professional relationships with at-risk students, parents, and school faculty and community.
· Prior experience working with at-risk teens, families, programs, program implementation evaluation, and data collection preferred.
Display an outstanding knowledge of child development in areas of social and environmental conditions, cultural diversity, psychopathology and family systems
Conduct interviews involving students and parents to problem solve issues pertaining to non-attendance and establish a course of action
Support the school in adhering to school board regulations on truancy and absenteeism
Regular attendance of student support team meetings
Develop and host specialist developmental training for parents and educational personnel
Serve as connection between the school and families to foster positive cooperative processes in educational planning for students by ensuring engagement of parent/guardian in school activities
Administer psycho educational social skill groups, classroom presentations and meetings on recognized aspects of concern for the students
- Position Type: Full-time
Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor
Student Services > Social Worker
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Please do NOT contact this employer regarding job postings that have closed.
MapOpen in Google Maps
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.