Martensdale-St Marys Comm School District
- Job ID: 3480738
- Application Deadline: Jun 11, 2021
- Posted: May 13, 2021
- Starting Date: Immediately
MARTENSDALE-ST. MARYS COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Title: Nutrition Supervisor
Reports to: Business Manager
Supervises: All nutrition service employees
Position Purpose: Responsible for organization of all food service functions, personnel, facilities, and supplemental services.
Pay: $25-27/hr, single health insurance paid
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Provides educational leadership and expertise for developing a quality nutritional program within fiscal and personnel resources.
- Assures compliance with all criteria specified or mandated by the USDA, Iowa Department of Education, Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals, and any other federal, state, or local agency as deemed necessary to provide a quality food service program.
- Plans attractive, nutritious menus which meet federal requirements using commodities and purchased foods.
- Develops and administers RFPs/bids for food, equipment, supplies, and services and the purchasing of the same.
- Works with the Business Office to review and verify Iowa Eligibility applications.
- Assists the Busines Manager in developing and managing the budget for total program and personnel.
- Implements and supports nutrition software programs that will provide required information including front-of-house, back-of-house, menu planning, nutrition analysis, on-line payments; with coordination of the student information system and financial accounting program.
- Maintains all department records and reports as required; submits in a timely manner as requested.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources to recruit, screen, hire, assign, evaluate, and retain or dismiss department staff.
- Schedules and supervises staff.
- Assists in the interviewing and recommendation of staff to the Board.
- Works cooperatively with staff in developing and providing effective in-service training for nutrition service employees.
- Evaluates personnel in accordance with administrative guidelines.
- Administers conditions of employment per employee handbook, board policies and administrative guidelines.
- Assists the Business Office in preparation of summary reports.
- Attends Board meetings as requested, to serve as a resource person to the Superintendent and the Board.
- Maintains professional growth through trainings, professional organizations, seminars, and/or related professional literature.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide leadership to effectively meet the needs of students, staff, families and the community
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn current and best practices in nutrition and school nutrition.
- An ability to utilize, analyze and interpret data for decision making.
- Ability to relate successfully with staff, students, families, community and business contacts.
- Ability to collect a variety of data and develop accurate reports.
- Ability to organize varied tasks and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- ServSafe certification or ability to obtain upon hire required.
- Previous experience in the food service industry preferred.
- Requires lifting, carrying, pushing up to 10-50 pounds on occasion
- Requires some stooping and kneeling
- Must be able to stand for at least 3 continuous hours per day
- Must be able to meet pre-employment physical upon request
- Business office atmosphere within a production kitchen with a moderate noise level
- Tobacco, drug and alcohol free environment
Terms of Employment:
- 210 Work Days per year, with work days to be established by the Board.
- Other employment conditions in accordance with applicable laws and Board Policies
The School Business Official will evaluate the performance in accordance with applicable Board Policies.
It is the policy of the Martensdale-St. Marys Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices.
- Position Type: Full-time
Support Staff > Food Service
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Alison Cornwell
- 390 Burlington Avenue
- Martensdale, Iowa 50160
- Phone: 641-764-2466
- Email:click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.