Middle School Language Arts Teacher
Boyden-Hull Comm School District
- Job ID: 3470232
- Application Deadline: Apr 12, 2021
- Posted: Mar 17, 2021
- Starting Date: Aug 15, 2021
Boyden-Hull Jr/Sr High School is seeking a Full-Time Middle School Language Arts teacher.
- Teach content and skills in English language, literature, composition, reading, and journalism to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Adapt English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids appropriate to the interest and maturity level of pupils; maintain required inventory records.
- Adapt the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil.
- Develop standards for critical analysis through group discussions based on a variety of mass media and classical and contemporary literature.
- Encourage pupils to think independently and to express original ideas.
- Evaluate each pupil’s progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
- Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Work with pupils and other classroom teachers in such activities as preparing material for the school newspaper or yearbook, assisting with PTA programs, or coordinating entries in essay contests.
- Administer or monitor group tests.
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year as stated in the employee’s contract.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by negotiated contract.
Any employee not covered by a negotiated contract agreement is an “at-will” employee. Either the school district or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. The school district can define the number of days notice required of a terminating employee.
The Boyden-Hull Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Position Type: Full-time
Classroom Teacher > English & Language Arts
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Please do NOT contact this employer regarding job postings that have closed.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.