7-12 Science Teacher
Holy Trinity Cahtolic Jr/Sr High
Ft. Madison, IA
- Job ID: 3458889
- Application Deadline: Jul 19, 2021
- Posted: Mar 02, 2021
- Starting Date: Aug 15, 2021
7-12 Science Teacher
Holy Trinity Catholic Schools in Fort Madison, Iowa is seeking a 7-12 Science Teacher. We are looking for a teacher that will teach not only the content but infuse Catholic values into the curriculum and learning experience for the students.
- Develops and administers curriculum consistent with school system goals and objectives.
- Creates a welcoming and engaging learning environment for all students.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by actively taking part in professional learning communities and other opportunities.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Reliable work attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field applicable to 7-12 Science.
- Teaching license issued by Iowa BOEE in the field of 7-12 General Science.
- Enorsements in 5-12 Chemistry, Biology, or Physics perferred.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
- Position Type: Full-time
Classroom Teacher > Science: Biology
Classroom Teacher > Science: General
Classroom Teacher > Science: Physics
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Please do NOT contact this employer regarding job postings that have closed.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.