Full-Time Secondary Paraprofessional
Boyden-Hull Comm School District
- Job ID: 3458224
- Application Deadline: Apr 12, 2021
- Posted: Mar 01, 2021
- Starting Date: Mar 28, 2021
Reports to: Building Principal
- Administer, score, and record such achievement and diagnostic tests as the teacher recommends for individual students.
- Assist the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
- Help students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
- Distribute and collect workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
- Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- Assist with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
- Keep bulletin board and other classroom learning displays up-to-date.
- Read to students, listen to students read, and participates in other forms of oral communication with students.
- Assist students in the library or media center.
- Check notebooks, correct papers, and supervise testing and make-up work, as assigned by the teacher.
- Check and record student attendance.
- Collect and record collection of money.
- Help students with their clothing.
- Assist with lunch, snack, and clean-up routines.
- Assist with wash-up and toilet routines.
- Alert the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Serve as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
- Participate in in-service training programs, as assigned.
- Discuss assigned teaching area with classroom teacher to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Prepare lesson outline and plan in assigned area and submit outline to teacher for review.
- Plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids such as bibliographies, charts, and graphs.
- Under the supervision and with instruction of the teacher, assist in individual and small and large group instruction.
- Supervise students on the playground, in the lunchroom, restrooms, halls, media center and in those areas as requested.
- Monitor classes during teacher absences of short duration.
- Operate audio-visual equipment.
- Perform clerical tasks such as making telephone calls, filing and maintaining student records.
- Assist in the office as requested.
- Be patient with students utilizing firmness, friendliness and fairness; consistently follow through with behavior management plan.
- Know emergency procedures for the building and classrooms within which you work.
- Contribute to an effective and efficient school district.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year as stated in the employee’s contract.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by negotiated contract.
Any employee not covered by a negotiated contract agreement is an “at-will” employee. Either the school district or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. The school district can define the number of days notice required of a terminating employee.
The Boyden-Hull Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Position Type: Full-time
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Please do NOT contact this employer regarding job postings that have closed.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.