Business Education/Computer Science Teacher
Boyden-Hull Comm School District
- Job ID: 3457412
- Application Deadline: Apr 12, 2021
- Posted: Mar 01, 2021
- Starting Date: Aug 15, 2021
Boyden-Hull Jr/Sr High School is seeking a Full-Time Business Education/Computer Science teacher. Coaching Endorsement also preferred.
Reports to: Secondary Principal
- Teach knowledge and skills in one or more of the following subjects to secondary pupils: typing, shorthand, note-taking, bookkeeping, record keeping, office procedures, merchandising, business communications, data processing, or basic business. Use course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develop lesson plans and organize daily classes so that demonstration, instruction, and practice can be completed within the allotted time.
- Demonstrate skills such as shorthand and use of office machines and techniques such as those used in merchandising. Prepare appropriate instructional aids and display materials to enhance learning.
- Instruct pupils in use, care, and safe operation of business machines. Make minor adjustments and request repairs to equipment as required.
- Maintain an auditable record of pupil attendance and make daily reports.
- Control assigned district-owned office equipment and supplies to prevent loss or abuse.
- Establish and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the laboratory-type classroom where several kinds of activities may be taking place simultaneously.
- Instruct pupils in importance to employers of accuracy, neatness, efficiency, resourcefulness, and good work habits.
- Evaluate each pupil’s performance, knowledge, and skills in course being taught and prepare pupil progress reports and employment references.
- Maintain continued contact with business community to keep in touch with job entry requirements and current business methods and equipment.
- Evaluate, select, and requisition books, instructional aids, equipment, and instructional supplies and maintain required inventory records.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
- Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned workday.
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year as stated in the employee’s contract.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by negotiated contract.
Any employee not covered by a negotiated contract agreement is an “at-will” employee. Either the school district or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. The school district can define the number of days notice required of a terminating employee.
The Boyden-Hull Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Position Type: Full-time
Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Business Education
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Athletics & Activities > Coaching
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Please do NOT contact this employer regarding job postings that have closed.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.