Elementary Special Education Strategist I
Boyden-Hull Comm School District
- Job ID: 3445428
- Application Deadline: Sep 30, 2021
- Re-posted: Feb 10, 2021
- Starting Date: Jul 31, 2021
- Provide a basic core program for educable mentally retarded (EMR) students consistent with state education code requirements.
- Coordinate and supervise work experience and job-training programs involving the mentally retarded.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers who have EMR students in regular classes, interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students to the entire staff and assisting the student with regular class assignments.
- Confer frequently with parents and professional staff members regarding the educational, social, and personal problems of such students.
- Assist other professional staff members in resolving the unique psychological or disciplinary problems of each student.
- Assist in screening, evaluating, and recommending placements of applicants in the school’s EMR program.
- Counsel individuals and groups of EMR students with educational, occupational, and personal problems.
- Assist EMR students in making realistic assessments of their abilities and in establishing educational and occupational goals in keeping with these abilities.
- Provide motivation to students who have a short attention span.
- Undertake continuing professional study in the psychology of the mentally retarded student in teaching methods related to this field.
- Keep attendance records and all other records pertinent to the EMR program for state reports.
- Participate in transition planning and preparation for adult life experiences.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year as stated in the employee’s contract.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by negotiated contract.
Any employee not covered by a negotiated contract agreement is an “at-will” employee. Either the school district or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. The school district can define the number of days notice required of a terminating employee.
The Boyden-Hull Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Position Type: Full-time
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Special Education > General Special Education
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Julie Johnson
- 801 1st Street
- Hull, Iowa 51239
- Phone: 712-439-2711
- Email:click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.