3rd Grade Teacher
Boyden-Hull Comm School District
- Job ID: 3445419
- Application Deadline: Sep 30, 2021
- Re-posted: Feb 10, 2021
- Starting Date: Jul 31, 2021
- Teach reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music to pupils in a classroom, using the course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate pupils’ academic, emotional, and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administer group-standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Prepare course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Lecture, demonstrate, and use audiovisual teaching aids to present subject matter to class.
- Prepare, administer, and correct tests, and record results.
- Assign lessons, correct papers, and hear oral presentations.
- Teach rules of conduct for classroom and school building.
- Maintain order in classroom and on playground.
- Counsel pupils when adjustment and academic problems arise.
- Discuss pupils’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents.
- Keep attendance and grade records as required by school.
- Coordinate class field trips.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year as stated in the employee’s contract.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by negotiated contract.
Any employee not covered by a negotiated contract agreement is an “at-will” employee. Either the school district or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. The school district can define the number of days notice required of a terminating employee.
The Boyden-Hull Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Position Type: Full-time
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Julie Johnson
- 801 1st Street
- Hull, Iowa 51239
- Phone: 712-439-2711
- Email:click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.