Director of Business Affairs at Carroll Community School
Carroll Community Schools
- Job ID: 3430630
- Application Deadline: Mar 14, 2021
- Re-posted: Apr 09, 2021
1. Assists the Superintendent in budget development and long-range financial planning.
2. Develops and coordinates an effective program for purchasing supplies and equipment. Meets with appropriate vendors as needed.
3. Prepares specifications, let bids, and procures desired equipment and supplies at the lowest price.
4. Develops and maintains the District's comprehensive insurance program.
5. Supervises the collection, safekeeping, and distribution of all funds.
6. Arranges for auditing of school accounts.
7. Assists the Superintendent in the development of detailed monthly and annual financial reports.
8. Serves as an advisor to the Superintendent on the school budget and all other business and financial transactions.
9. Maintains an up-to-date inventory of school property.
10. Assists the Superintendent with the administration, through the Director of Food Service and head cooks, the cafeteria services and school lunch program.
11. Meets periodically with Carroll Community School District and parochial school administrators within the district to plan, coordinate, and evaluate activities and expenditures within the Title VI program.
12. Prepares, maintains, and submits all necessary financial reports relative to all federal and state assistance programs utilized by the Carroll Community School District.
13. Provides periodic reports to the Superintendent and Board of Directors as to the financial condition and operation of federal assistance programs and the degree of integration of these programs into the Carroll Community School District and, if applicable, the parochial schools within the district.
14. Keeps abreast of all opportunities for the procurement of additional federal funds and serves as a resource person to the Superintendent on the advisability of involvement in specific federally funded programs.
15. Meets as needed with the Carroll Community School District administrative team. Upon request, serves as recorder at administrative team meetings.
16. Serves as requested on the Board of Education negotiations team.
17. Attends Board meetings serving as a resource person to the Superintendent, and preparing information for the Board as requested by the Superintendent.
18. Serves as Board Secretary and performs all duties required in Chapters 279.3, 291.6-291.11 and 292.22 of the Code of Iowa.
- Serves as a resource to administrators and Board with responsibilities for the District’s activity programs.
- Serves as the Right-to-Know compliance officer.
- Serves as deputy superintendent.
- Serves as one of two District sexual harassment compliance officers (employee to employee).
- Is responsible for the Central Printing Department.
24. Performs such other duties as the Superintendent may assign.
1. A bachelor's degree in education, business management or accounting.
2. Minimum of four years experience in one of the above fields
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Position Type: Full-time
Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Business/Finance
Administrator > Public Affairs / Relations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Please do NOT contact this employer regarding job postings that have closed.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.