Holy Trinity Catholic Elementary School
West Point, IA
- Job ID: 3427956
- Application Deadline: Aug 10, 2021
- Posted: Jan 13, 2021
- Starting Date: Immediately
Holy Trinity Catholic Schools in Fort Madison, Iowa seeks teachers for our Elementary School in West Point, Iowa. We are looking for a teacher that will teach not only the content but infuse Catholic values into the curriculum and learning experience for the students.
- Develops and administers elementary school curriculum consistent with school system goals and objectives.
- Creates a welcoming and engaging learning environment for all students.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by actively taking part in professional learning communities and other opportunities.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members to evaluate and assess curriculum and participate in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation, lunch and recess.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with district testing programs.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Reliable work attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field applicable to elementary education.
- License issued by Iowa BoEE for elementary teaching.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy enabling differentiation
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network systems, technology devices and software applications.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, coworkers and the greater community.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
- Position Type: Full-time
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.
- Lee Morrison
- 780 West Central Park Avenue
- Davenport, Iowa 52804
- Phone: 563-888-4230
- Email:click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.